Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Black Steel Double-Edged Katana Samurai Sword
The blade is Unokubi-Zukuri style with a double edge made of through hardened 1095 high carbon steel. The blade was repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, which gives it strength and flexibility. After sharpening, the blade is etched with an oxidation process to give the surface it's black color. The blade is full tang with hand engraved Mei (Signature). It is fully functional and battle ready. The sword comes with a black matte hardwood saya, synthetic leather sageo/ito, iron and alloy fittings, and genuine rayskin. It is suitable for dojo and iaito use, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire.
Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Black Steel Double-Edged Katana Samurai Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Unokubi Zukuri-Style Blade with Double Edge
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Includes Black Matte Hardwood Saya
- Synthetic Leather and Genuine Rayskin
- Features Iron and Alloy Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
Hardness (HRC): 60