WW2 Type 98 Shin Gunto Japanese Officer Samurai Sword Clay Tempered 1095 Steel Katana
This is an accurate and fully functional reproduction of a WW2 Gunto Japanese Officer Sword, clay tempered with a polished mirror-like surface. It is a very strong sword made with traditional methods, for multiple applications. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The blade is full tang and hand sharpened, suitable for battle. The sword comes with a scabbard made of iron and hardwood, brown leather scabbard cover, silk sageo/ito, genuine same' (rayskin), and premium engraved copper fittings with a functional lock mechanism with button release for the scabbard. This sword is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, iron wire, etc. Each sword is fully handmade from the ground up, no two blades will be exactly alike.
WW2 Type 98 Shin Gunto Japanese Officer Samurai Sword Clay Tempered 1095 Steel Katana Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Fully Functional Reproduction of a WW2 Gunto Sword
- Hand Forged Clay Tempered 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Maru Blade Structure with Hira Zukuri Cutting Edge
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Iron and Hardwood Scabbard Wrapped in Brown Leather
- Functional Lock Mechanism with Button Release for Scabbard
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Premium 100% Copper Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 3 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 4" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Spine Hardness (HRC): 53
Cutting Edge Hardness (HRC): 60