WW2 Shin Gunto Type 97 Japanese Officer Samurai Sword Tempered & Folded 1095 Steel Katana
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Swords of Northshire is proud to offer free US shipping for all of our products. Shipping times vary based on location and customization.
We are incredibly proud of our craftsmanship. Thus, we offer a lifetime guarantee on ALL our swords. If ever you have issues with our blades, simply give us a shout. We will repair or replace your sword for no charge.
Our historically accurate and fully functional reproduction of a WW2 era Japanese Type 97 katana offers you the chance to own the same sword as those used by Japanese officers during the war. Known as gunto, these military swords hold a distinct place of honor in Japanese military history.
Because we make this Japanese sword from WW2 to replicate every part of the standard issue military weapon, there is no room for customization here other than the silk ito, same'gawa (rayskin), optional engraving, and sharpening. Every one of these swords has a clay tempered & folded 1095 high carbon steel blade, genuine gold-plated brass fittings, dark brown handle wrap, and high end hardwood saya fully wrapped in genuine rayskin.
WW2 Shin Gunto Type 97 Katana Features
- Full Tang & Battle Ready Katana
- Clay Tempered & Folded 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Beautiful Natural Hamon Line from Tempering
- Maru Blade Structure with Hira Zukuri Cutting Edge
- High End 14 Step Hazuya/Jizuya Polish
- Silk & Genuine Ray Skin Wrapped Tsuka
- Genuine Gold-Plated Brass Fittings
- Handle Length: 10.6"
- Blade Length: 27.9"
- Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
- Width Near Handle: 1.24"
- Weight (Without Saya): 2.43 lbs
- Spine Hardness (HRC): 53
- Overall Length: 40.9"
- Cutting Edge Hardness (HRC): 60
- Point of Balance: 4" from Tsuba