1095 High Carbon Steel Clay Tempered O-Kissaki Rayskin Wrapped Saya Samurai Katana Sword
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Swords of Northshire is proud to offer free US shipping for all of our products. Shipping times vary based on location and customization.
We are incredibly proud of our craftsmanship. Thus, we offer a lifetime guarantee on ALL our swords. If ever you have issues with our blades, simply give us a shout. We will repair or replace your sword for no charge.
This sword is made of 1095 high carbon steel, clay tempered with a polished mirror-like surface. It is a very strong sword made with traditional methods. The kissaki (blade tip) length is far larger than the width, otherwise known as an o-kissaki. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The blade is full tang and hand sharpened, suitable for battle. The sword comes with a rayskin wrapped black lacquer saya, black leather ito, silk sageo, genuine same' (rayskin) and premium copper fittings. It is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire
1095 High Carbon Steel Clay Tempered O-Kissaki Rayskin Wrapped Saya Samurai Katana Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Folded 1060 Steel Blade (Folded 13 Times)
- Includes Black Lacquered Hardwood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Features Premium Serpent Copper Fittings
- Craft Time: 1-2 Weeks
- Handle Length: 10.6"
- Blade Length: 27.9"
- Thickness Near Handle: 7.2mm
- Width Near Kissaki: 2.4cm
- Width Near Handle: 3.15cm
- Weight (Without Saya): 2.4 lbs
- Spine Hardness (HRC): 53
- Overall Length: 40.9"
- Cutting Edge Hardness (HRC): 60
- Point of Balance: 13cm from Tsuba