Mother of Pearl & Shell Shirasaya Feather Grain Pattern Hand Forged Folded Steel Tanto Knife
The tanto or short sword is a Japanese blade used by the samurai class of feudal Japan. It dates back to the Heian period and was mainly designed for stabbing but can be used for close quarter slashing. Women would sometimes carry a tanto concealed in their sash or obi for self-defense.
Even though only in a shirasaya style of mounting, this tanto is one of the most attractive blades in our inventory. The folded steel hada is clearly visible with a feather-like grain pattern. The carved hardwood saya and tsuka are covered in polished mother-of-pearl and natural shells giving it a beautiful unique glow of colors. The kashira, fuchi, koiguchi, kurikata and kojiri are made of polished brown buffalo horn.
Mother of Pearl & Shell Shirasaya Feather Grain Pattern Hand Forged Folded Steel Tanto Knife Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Folded Steel Blade with Feather Grain Pattern
- Hardwood Tsuka and Saya Covered in Mother of Pearl and Shells
- Buffalo Horn Kashira, Fuchi, Koiguchi, Kurikata, and Kojiri
- Free Optional Signature Engraving
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks