Kogarasu Maru 1095 High Carbon Red Steel Double-Edged Samurai Katana Little Crow Sword
The blade is Unokubi-Zukuri style with a double edge made of through hardened 1095 high carbon steel. The blade was repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, which gives it strength and flexibility. After sharpening, the blade is etched with an oxidation process to give the surface it's red color. The blade is full tang with hand engraved Mei (Signature). It is fully functional and battle ready. The sword comes with a white hardwood saya, silk sageo/ito, iron and alloy fittings, and genuine rayskin. It is suitable for dojo and iaito use, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire.
Kogarasu Maru 1095 High Carbon Red Steel Double-Edged Samurai Katana Little Crow Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Unokubi Zukuri-Style Blade with Double Edge
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Includes White Hardwood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Features Iron and Solid Alloy Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
Hardness (HRC): 60