The Reverse Blade Katana Sword "Sakabato" of Rurouni Kenshin
The cutting edge of the sword is on the reverse side. This type of sword is called Sakabato, made famous from Rurouni Kenshin. It's forged with hardened 1095 high carbon steel. The blade was repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, which gives it strength and flexibility. The blade is full tang with hand engraved Mei (Signature). It is fully functional and battle ready. The sword comes with a dark red lacquered hardwood saya, silk sageo/ito, iron and alloy fittings, and genuine rayskin. It is suitable for dojo and iaito use, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire.
Rurouni Kenshin Hand Forged Sakabato Reverse Blade Samurai Katana Sword Features:
- Functional Replica of Kenshin's Sword from Rurouni Kenshin
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Reverse Cutting Edge (Sakabatō)
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Dark Red Lacquered Hardwood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Features Iron and Solid Alloy Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
Hardness (HRC): 60