Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel Black Blade Samurai Katana Sword
This sword is made of 1095 high carbon steel with a polished mirror-like surface. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, which gives it strength and flexibility. After sharpening, the blade is etched with an oxidation process to give the surface it's black color. The blade is full tang, functional and battle ready. The sword comes with silk sageo/ito, genuine same' (rayskin), premium brass fittings, and a black matte hardwood saya. This sword is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. The colorful film is very solid; it will not come off. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, iron wire, etc.
Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel Black Blade Samurai Katana Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel Black Blade
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Includes Black Matte Hardwood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Features Premium Brass Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Free Optional Signature Engraving
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
Hardness (HRC): 60