Zhi Zun Jian (Supreme Sword) Artwork of Master Shen Xinpei of Shen Guanglong
Master Shen Xinpei is the 4th generation of the Shen family, he's currently in charge of the Shen Guanglong Sword Workshop. He was born in 1948, and started to make swords with his father when he was 13 years old. He succeeded in following the sword making techniques learned from his father, and devoted his attention to making swords. He invented moldings and reformed the sword making processes, improving efficiency dramatically.
In the year of 1972, Richard Nixon, the 37th President of the United States, visted China. Premier Zhou Enlai presented a Longquan sword to President Nixon as a national gift. This sword was made by Shen Xinpei.
In 2007, the Longquan sword forging technique was approved to be the First Batch of Nation-Class Non-material Cultural Heritage in China and Shenguanglong was chosen as the heritage protection site. Shen Xinpei was entitled as the inheritor of the technique and received the Lifetime Achievement Award of Art.
In 2005 Shen Xinpei and his Son Shen Zhou made Zhi Zun Jian, they presented it to Xi Jinping when he visited the Shen Guanglong workshop. Xi is the present Chairman of China. All fittings are hand made and carved, made of copper and plated with real gold.
Zhi Zun Jian (Supreme Sword) Artwork of Master Shen Xinpei of Shen Guanglong Features:
- The blade is made with pattern steel, carbon steel and iron folded together to create 7000-8000 layers.
- Hand-finished, three-dimensional carved dragon, seven stars, sun and moon engraved into the blade
- Handmade Copper Fittings Plated with Real Gold
- Ebony Wood Scabbard
- Accessories: brocade box, brocade bag, special sword rack, and master collection certificate
- Master Shen Xinpei works on a per order basis, the production time is 80-160 days;
- Blade Length: 95 cm
- Handle Length: 40 cm
- Overall Length: 135 cm
- Blade Width: 3.5 cm
- Blade Thickness: 1.2 cm
- Weight Without Scabbard: 2.3 kg
- Scabbard Weight: 2.2 kg