WW2 Shin Gunto Type 98 Japanese Officer Samurai Sword Clay Tempered 1095 Steel Katana
WW2 Katana | Shin Gunto Type 98 Japanese Officer Sword
Our historically accurate and fully functional reproduction of a WW2 era katana offers you the chance to own the same sword as those used by Japanese officers during the war. Known as gunto, these military swords hold a distinct place of honor in Japanese military history.
Because we make this Japanese sword from WW2 to replicate every part of the standard issue military weapon, there is no room for customization here other than the optional engraving and sharpening. Every one of these swords has a clay tempered blade, light brown handle wrap, and hardwood saya that’s wrapped in dark brown leather.
WW2 Katana FeaturesAll of our katana are hand forged by master craftsmen in Longquan to ensure they meet our top quality standards. The most important features of these swords include:
- Full Tang & Battle Ready
- 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Natural Hamon Line
- Maru Blade Structure with Hira Zukuri Cutting Edge
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Functional Lock Mechanism with Button Release for Scabbard
- Silk & Genuine Ray Skin Wrapped Tsuka
- Premium 100% Copper Fittings
- Free Sword Bag & Spare Mekugi
These WW2 katanas are made to order, so expected craft time is about three weeks.
- Blade Length: 27.9"
- Handle Length: 10.6"
- Overall Length: 40.9"
- Width Near Handle: 1.24"
- Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
- Point of Balance: 4" from Tsuba
- Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
- Spine Hardness (HRC): 53
- Cutting Edge Hardness (HRC): 60
At Swords of Northshire, we’re experts at designing and forging authentic, battle ready blades. Shop our full collection to find pieces for practice in the dojo, display in your home, or use in ceremonies.