Sasaki Kojiro Odachi Clay Tempered 1095 Steel Nodachi Washing Pole Monohoshizao Sword
This Nodachi sword is inspired by Sasaki Kojiro's famous Monohoshi Zao Sword, translated in English as 'The Drying Pole' or the 'Clothes Rod'. It earned this name because it was so long that it resembled the bamboo clothes rods that were used at the time for drying clothes. The length is accurate to Kojiro's personal sword, forged with 1095 high carbon steel, clay tempered & folded with a polished mirror-like surface. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, which gives it strength and flexibility. The blade is full tang with hand engraved Mei (Signature). It is fully functional and battle ready. The sword comes with silk sageo/ito, genuine same' (rayskin), premium copper and iron fittings, and black lacquered hardwood saya. This sword is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, iron wire, etc.
Sasaki Kojiro Odachi Clay Tempered 1095 Steel Samurai Nodachi Washing Pole Monohoshizao Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Clay Tempered & Folded 1095 Steel
- Inspired by Sasaki Kojiro's (Demon of the Western Provinces) sword
- Dark Souls II also features a similar sword called 'Washing Pole'
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Includes Black Lacquered Hardwood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Features Premium Copper and Iron Fittings
- Free Optional Signature Engraving
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Shipping Weight: 5.5 Lbs