Hand Forged Folded Steel Samurai Wakizashi Sword
This is a well-made folded steel Wakizashi, following the traditional Japanese process. The blade is very sharp and folded 13 times resulting in over 8,000 layers. It comes with a black lacquered hard wood saya and silk sageo/ito, copper fittings, and genuine same (rayskin). The tang is secured into the handle with two bamboo mekugi and features a hand engraved Mei(signature). It is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo. Each sword is individually handmade so specifications vary slightly from sword to sword.
Hand Forged Folded Steel Samurai Wakizashi Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Folded 1060 Steel Blade (Folded 13 Times)
- Black Lacquered Hard Wood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- 100% Copper Premium Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 1-2 Weeks
Blade Length: 19.7"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 3" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 1.6 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 1.9 lbs
Hardness (HRC): 54