Qiankun Jian Artwork of Master Shen Xinpei of Shen Guanglong
Master Shen Xinpei is the 4th generation of the Shen family, he's currently in charge of the Shen Guanglong Sword Workshop. He was born in 1948, and started to make swords with his father when he was 13 years old. He succeeded in following the sword making techniques learned from his father, and devoted his attention to making swords. He invented moldings and reformed the sword making processes, improving efficiency dramatically.
In the year of 1972, Richard Nixon, the 37th President of the United States, visted China. Premier Zhou Enlai presented a Longquan sword to President Nixon as a national gift. This sword was made by Shen Xinpei.
In 2007, the Longquan sword forging technique was approved to be the First Batch of Nation-Class Non-material Cultural Heritage in China and Shenguanglong was chosen as the heritage protection site. Shen Xinpei was entitled as the inheritor of the technique and received the Lifetime Achievement Award of Art.
Qiankun Jian Artwork of Master Shen Xinpei of Shen Guanglong Features:
- The blade is made with pattern steel, carbon steel and iron folded together to create 7000-8000 layers.
- This sword was made for President Hu on the occasion of the 60th anniversary of the founding of the People's Republic of China.
- Handmade Copper Fittings Plated with Real Gold
- Inlaid with Natural Red Coral
- Ebony Wood Scabbard
- Accessories: brocade box, brocade bag, special sword rack, and master collection certificate
- Master Shen Xinpei works on a per order basis, the production time is 80-160 days
- Overall Length: 106 cm
- Blade Length: 78 cm
- Handle Length: 21 cm
- Blade Width: 3.8 cm
- Blade Thickness: 0.9 cm
- Sword Weight: 1.2 kg
- Sheath Weight: 1.2 kg