Hand Forged Red and Black Folded Steel Samurai Dragon Wakizashi Sword
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Swords of Northshire is proud to offer free US shipping for all of our products. Shipping times vary based on location and customization.
We are incredibly proud of our craftsmanship. Thus, we offer a lifetime guarantee on ALL our swords. If ever you have issues with our blades, simply give us a shout. We will repair or replace your sword for no charge.
This is a well-made colorful folded steel sword, following the traditional Japanese process. The blade is very sharp and folded 13 times resulting in over 8,000 layers. After sharpening, the blade is etched with an oxidation process to give the surface it's black and red color. It comes with a black lacquered and painted hardwood saya, silk sageo/ito, brass and alloy fittings, and genuine same (rayskin). The tang is secured into the handle with two bamboo mekugi. It is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo. Each sword is individually handmade so specifications vary slightly from sword to sword.
Hand Forged Red and Black Folded Steel Samurai Dragon Wakizashi Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Red Folded 1060 Steel Blade (Folded 13 Times)
- Traditional 13 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Includes Black Lacquered Hardwood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Features Copper and Solid Alloy Fittings
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
- Blade Length: 19.7"
- Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
- Width Near Handle: 1.24"
- Weight (With Saya): 1.9 lbs
- Weight (Without Saya): 1.6 lbs
- Overall: 30.7"
- Handle: 8.1"
- Point of Balance: 3" from tsuba
- Hardness (HRC): 54