Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel Unokubi Zukuri Kihei Katana
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Swords of Northshire is proud to offer free US shipping for all of our products. Shipping times vary based on location and customization.
We are incredibly proud of our craftsmanship. Thus, we offer a lifetime guarantee on ALL our swords. If ever you have issues with our blades, simply give us a shout. We will repair or replace your sword for no charge. We send our products through verified shipping to ensure safe and reliable handling; if somehow your sword is not delivered, we will refund you 100% the cost.
The blade is Unokubi-Zukuri style, with a back that gets thinner around the middle of the blade and regains its thickness just before the point. It's made of through hardened 1095 high carbon steel. The blade was repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, which gives it strength and flexibility. The blade is full tang with hand engraved Mei (Signature). It is fully functional and battle ready. The sword comes with a black lacquered and painted hard wood saya, silk sageo/ito, premium engraved copper fittings, and genuine rayskin. It is suitable for dojo and iaito use, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire.
Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel Unokubi Zukuri Kihei Katana Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel Blade
- Unoubi Zukuri Style Blade Structure
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Black Lacquered & Painted Hardwood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Premium Engraved Copper Fittings
- Craft Time: 1-2 Weeks
- Handle Length: 10.6"
- Blade Length: 27.9"
- Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
- Width Near Handle: 1.24"
- Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
- Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
- Overall Length: 40.9"
- Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
- Hardness (HRC): 60