Hand Forged Red Folded Steel Blade Samurai Dragon Blue Warrior Katana Sword
This is a well-made colorful folded steel sword, following the traditional Japanese process. The blade is very sharp and folded 13 times resulting in over 8,000 layers. After the sharpening work, the blade is specially treated to show the unique and beautiful color. There are three different colors: black, red, and black & red. It comes with a blue lacquered hardwood saya with buffalo horn, silk sageo/ito, brass and alloy fittings, and genuine same (rayskin). The tang is secured into the handle with two bamboo mekugi. It is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo. The colorful film is very solid; it will not come off. Each sword is individually handmade so specifications vary slightly from sword to sword.
Hand Forged Red Folded Steel Blade Samurai Dragon Blue Warrior Katana Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Red Folded 1060 Steel Blade (Folded 13 Times)
- Traditional 13 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Blue Lacquered Hardwood Saya with Buffalo Horn
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Features Brass and Solid Alloy Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
Hardness (HRC): 54