Hand Forged Gyaku-Kobuse Clay Tempered Copper + Silver Tsuba Samurai Katana Sword
This is a high end Gyaku-Kobuse structure Katana, the blade is both strong and flexible. All the fittings are high-grade. The saya is made of high-quality hard wood, painted with piano black. It’s glossier, harder and more wear-resistant than normal sayas. Buffalo horn is used for the knob and Kojiri/Koiguchi. The tsuba set including fuchi, kashira, and menuki is made of copper and the flowers are made of silver which is embedded into the copper by hand. The handle is wrapped with a full piece of genuine Rayskin. The blade is full tang with hand engraved Mei(signature), it is fixed into tsuka(handle) with two Mekugi pegs. It's easy to disassemble for maintenance. This katana is a stunning combination of functionality and beauty.
Hand Forged Gyaku-Kobuse Clay Tempered Copper + Silver Tsuba Samurai Katana Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged 1095 Steel Forged Together with Folded 1060 Steel
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- High Quality Piano Black Lacquered Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Premium Copper & Silver Fitting Set
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 3-4 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
Hardness (HRC): 54