Hand Forged Black Folded Steel Damascus Ninjato Custom Ninja Sword
This is a well-made colorful folded steel ninjato sword, following the traditional Japanese process. The blade is very sharp and folded 13 times resulting in over 8,000 layers. After sharpening, the blade is etched with an oxidation process to give the surface it's black color. It comes with a black matte hard wood saya and silk sageo/ito, iron fittings, and genuine same (rayskin). The tang is secured into the handle with two bamboo mekugi. It is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo. Each sword is individually handmade so specifications vary slightly from sword to sword.
Hand Forged Black Folded Steel Damascus Ninjato Custom Ninja Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Black Folded 1060 Steel Blade (Folded 13 Times)
- Traditional 13 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Includes Black Matte Hard Wood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Features Premium Iron Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
Hardness (HRC): 54