Hand Forged Black Folded Steel Custom Samurai Dragon Wakizashi Sword
This is a well-made colorful folded steel sword, following the traditional Japanese process. The blade is very sharp and folded 13 times resulting in over 8,000 layers. After sharpening, the blade is etched with an oxidation process to give the surface it's black color. It comes with a black lacquered hard wood saya with buffalo horn, silk sageo/ito, alloy fittings, and genuine same (rayskin). The tang is secured into the handle with two bamboo mekugi. It is a very good choice for Dojo students, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri and bamboo. Each sword is individually handmade so specifications vary slightly from sword to sword.
Hand Forged Black Folded Steel Custom Samurai Dragon Wakizashi Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Black 1060 Folded Steel Blade (Folded 13 Times)
- Traditional 13 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Black Lacquered Saya with Buffalo Horn
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Features Solid Alloy Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Blade Length: 19.7"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 3" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 1.6 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 1.9 lbs
Hardness (HRC): 54