Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel Unokubi Zukuri Kihei Katana
The blade is Unokubi-Zukuri style, with a back that gets thinner around the middle of the blade and regains its thickness just before the point. It's made of through hardened 1095 high carbon steel. The blade was repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, which gives it strength and flexibility. The blade is full tang with hand engraved Mei (Signature). It is fully functional and battle ready. The sword comes with a black lacquered and painted hard wood saya, silk sageo/ito, premium engraved copper fittings, and genuine rayskin. It is suitable for dojo and iaito use, gifts, cutting practice, and display. It is durable enough for cutting tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire.
Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel Unokubi Zukuri Kihei Katana Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged 1095 High Carbon Steel Blade
- Unoubi Zukuri Style Blade Structure
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Black Lacquered & Painted Hardwood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Premium Engraved Copper Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 1-2 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
Hardness (HRC): 60