Hand Forged 1060 High Carbon Steel Black Blade Wakizashi Samurai Sword
Hand Forged 1060 High Carbon Black Steel Wakizashi Sword
A beautiful onyx blade accentuated by a gold and obsidian sheath, this black steel sword is a more traditional alternative to the many zinc aluminum alloy blades available. After sharpening, the blade is etched with an oxidation process to give the surface a deep, rich color. Opt for a purple Ito and Sageo or choose to customize your order with a number of other colors.
Japanese Wakizashi Features
Featuring our hand forged and polished 1060 high carbon steel, this blade is designed for optimal balance and handling. Each of our steel blades is created from the ground up to offer the perfect balance for regular Iaido & Kenjutsu use. Some of the other features you can expect from this black steel sword include:
- Full Tang & Battle Ready Blade
- Solid Alloy Fittings
- Genuine Rayskin & Silk Wrapped Tsuka
- Secured with Two Bamboo Mekugi
- Free Sword Bag & Spare Mekugi
- Free Optional Signature Engraving
- Craft Time: 1-2 Weeks
Since we make each sword to order, you can expect a craft time of two to three weeks.
Each sword is individually handmade, so specifications may vary slightly.
- Blade Length: 19.7"
- Handle: 8.1"
- Overall: 30.7"
- Width Near Handle: 1.24"
- Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
- Point of Balance: 3" from Tsuba
- Weight (Without Saya): 1.6 Lbs.
- Weight (With Saya): 1.9 Lbs.
- Hardness (HRC): 54