Emperor Yongle Ming Dynasty Jian Sword Artwork of Master Shen Zhou of Shen Guanglong
In June 2006 the forging technique of Longquan Swords was listed as a national intangible cultural heritage. The 130-year-old Shen Guanglong Sword Workshop was nominated the protector of the technique, and it's owner, Shen Xinpei, the representative heir. Longquan Swords have been presented as the state gift to foreign dignitaries such as former U.S. President Nixon and Russian President Putin. The swords of the Honor Guard of the three services of the People’s Liberation Army are also made in the Longquan technique.
Master Shen Xinpei is the 4th generation of the Shen family. He was born in 1948, and started to make swords with his father when he was 13 years old. He succeeded in following the sword making techniques learned from his father, and devoted his attention to making swords. He invented moldings and reformed the sword making processes, improving efficiency dramatically. Since then, he has taught his own son, Shen Zhou, the techniques he's mastered.
Emperor Yongle Ming Dynasty Jian Sword Artwork of Master Shen Zhou of Shen Guanglong Features:
- The blade is made with pattern steel, carbon steel and iron folded together to create 7000-8000 layers.
- Functional Replica of Emperor Yongle's Sword from the Ming Dynasty
- Handmade and Carved Copper Fittings Plated with Real Gold
- Inlaid Natural Sapphire in the Handguard
- Full Rayskin Wrapped Handle and Scabbard
- Accessories: brocade box, brocade bag, special sword rack, and master collection certificate
- Master Shen Zhou works on a per order basis, the production time is 90-120 days