Build Your Own Functional Katana
Your custom-made katana begins its life in the famed swordsmithing town of Longquan located in the remote, green mountains of Qinxi. The art of blade making continues unabated for over 2,600 years near the cold, shining waters of the Ou River. Your sword's exact crafting methods will depend on your selections though you can expect the utmost attention to detail paid to every aspect of its creation.
Your Sword Options:
- Blade Length: Katana, Wakizashi, Tanto, or a length of your choice.
- Blade Material: Choose from 1060 high carbon steel all the way to the labor-intensive tamahagane.
- Tsuba: Select from over a hundred unique blade guard designs.
- Ito Color: Choose from silk or leather handle wrapping in a variety of hues.
- Hamon Type: Notare (wavy), Midare (irregular), Sugu (straight), or Natural Clay Temper Hamon.
- Signature Engraving: Have a symbol, the swordsmith's name, or your name engraved on the blade in English, Chinese, or Japanese Kanji.
- Fittings: Select nearly every aspect of your sword's look and construction.
- You may also request customization which is not listed, such as blade color (natural, black, red), straight blade, blade geometry, battle wrap, rayskin wrapped saya, saya inscription, and more. Please contact us with your request
Your sword is custom made by masters of the craft using traditional hand forging methods. As such, the process usually takes 2-3 weeks. The price starts at $189.99 with free shipping for a 1060 high carbon steel Katana and can vary widely depending on the options selected. We encourage you to explore our site for ideas on the style and details of your sword. If you have any questions, please contact our dedicated customer support team via live chat, through email, or call us toll-free at 1-844-Nihonto (1-844-644-6686).
How to place your order:
- Select your preferred options from the dropdown/checkboxes
- Click 'Add to Sword Bag'
- Write us a note if you have any additional requests
Over 827 reviews
At Swords of Northshire, we pride ourselves in our quality work. If for any reason you aren't happy with your purchase, we will make it right! We guarantee you'll love your sword or your money back