1095 High Carbon Steel Differentially Hardened Samurai Tiger Katana Sword
This sword is made of 1095 high carbon steel, differentially hardened with a polished mirror-like surface. It is a very strong sword made with traditional methods, for multiple applications. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The blade is full tang and hand sharpened, suitable for battle. The sword comes with a black lacquered hardwood saya, silk sageo/ito, genuine same' (rayskin) and tiger themed copper fittings. It is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, iron wire, etc. The cutting edge can be customize for different usage.
1095 High Carbon Steel Differentially Hardened Samurai Tiger Katana Sword Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Clay Tempered 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Includes Black Lacquered Hardwood Saya
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Secured with Two Black Horn Mekugi
- Features Tiger Themed Copper Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
Spine Hardness (HRC): 53
Cutting Edge Hardness (HRC): 60