1095 High Carbon Steel Clay Tempered Unokubi Zukuri Katana
The blade is Unokubi-Zukuri style, with a back that gets thinner around the middle of the blade and regains its thickness just before the point. It's made of 1095 high carbon steel, clay tempered. It is a very strong sword made with traditional methods. The blade was repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities, which gives it strength and flexibility. The blade is full tang with hand engraved Mei (Signature). It is fully functional and battle ready. The sword comes with a rayskin wrapped hard wood saya with buffalo horn at the ends, silk sageo/ito, premium engraved copper fittings, and genuine rayskin. It is suitable for dojo and iaito use, gifts, cutting practice, and display. For those who want an extremely durable sword, this is a very good choice. It is strong enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire.
1095 High Carbon Steel Clay Tempered Unokubi Zukuri Katana Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Clay Tempered 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Unoubi Zukuri Style Blade Structure
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Hard Wood Saya with Rayskin Wrap
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Premium Engraved Copper Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Blade Length: 27.9"
Handle Length: 10.6"
Overall Length: 40.9"
Width Near Handle: 1.24"
Thickness Near Handle: 0.30"
Point of Balance: 5" from tsuba
Weight (Without Saya): 2.2 lbs
Weight (With Saya): 2.6 lbs
Spine Hardness (HRC): 53
Cutting Edge Hardness (HRC): 60