1095 High Carbon Steel Clay Tempered Samurai Sword Daisho Set Katana & Wakizashi
This sword set is made of 1095 high carbon steel, clay tempered with a polished mirror-like surface. They are very strong swords made with traditional methods, for multiple applications. The blade is repeatedly heat treated and hand forged to remove impurities. The clay temper process combines the characters of toughness and flexibility and results in a genuine hamon (temper line). The blade is full tang and hand sharpened, suitable for battle. The swords come with silk sageo/ito, genuine same' (rayskin) and premium engraved copper fittings. The saya is made of hard wood and partially wrapped with genuine rayskin. This sword is a very good choice for dojo and iaido use, gifts, cutting practice, display, and collection. It is durable enough for tameshigiri, bamboo, bones, and iron wire.
1095 High Carbon Steel Clay Tempered Samurai Sword Daisho Set Katana & Wakizashi Features:
- Hand Sharpened, Full Tang, Battle Ready Sword
- Hand Forged Clay Tempered 1095 High Carbon Steel
- Maru Blade Structure with Hira Zukuri Cutting Edge
- Traditional 14 Stage Hand Polished Finish
- Black Hard Wood Saya with Rayskin Wrap
- Silk and Genuine Rayskin Wrapped Tsuka
- Premium Engraved Copper Fittings
- Free Sword Bag and Spare Mekugi
- Craft Time: 2-3 Weeks
Katana Measurements: Blade: 28.7", Handle: 10.6", Overall: 40.6"
Wakizashi Measurements: Blade: 20", Handle: 8.2", Overall: 30"
Shipping Weight: 7.72 Lbs